December 2012 – Mulled Cranberry-Apple Grog
Mulled Cranberry-Apple Grog
- 8 cups cranberry-apple cocktail (2 litres)
- 2 (750ml) bottles dry red wine
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks – broken
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 whole cloves
- 8 whole cardamom pods – lightly crushed
- 8 whole allspice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries – frozen
- 1 orange – thinly sliced
- In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine juice, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and allspice. (Can be covered and refridgerated for up to 2 days).
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; add cranberries and orange slices; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle Grog into mugs, along with oranges slices and cranberries.
Makes about 16 cups.