January 2011 – Gruner Schnitzel Recipe
Gruner Schnitzel Recipe
- ¼ cup – flour
- 1 tsp – salt
- ½ tsp – white pepper
- 1 tsp – paprika
- 6 – pork fillets, about 2 lbs. or use tenderloin pounded flat
- 2 large – garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp – butter, melted
- 1 cup – Austrian Gruner Veltliner (or any dry white wine)
- ½ cup – sour cream
- Combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Dip meat into eggs, then coat with flour mix. Brown in melted butter on both sides (about 5 minutes each side). Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the pan blend in 2 tablespoons with left over seasoned flour and garlic. Stir in wine and cream, cook and stir until slightly thick and smooth. Return meat to pan, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Serve with parsley rice.
Recipe from Winexperts 2010 Recipe Book