June 2013 – Grilled Shrimp and Chicken with Pasta
Grilled Shrimp and Chicken with Pasta
|1/2 tsp||poultry seasoning|
|1/4 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|1/8 tsp||ground white pepper|
|1/8 tsp||onion powder|
|1 tbsp||garlic powder|
|1/2 pint||heavy cream|
|1 pound||linguine pasta|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1/2 cup||white wine|
|4||skinless, boneless chicken breasts|
|3 tbsp||grated Romano cheese|
- In a small bowl mix together the poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, white pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Divide spice mix in half.
- In a small skillet melt butter or margarine over low heat. Add cream, milk and 1/2 of the spice mixture. Stir together; let thicken and reduce into sauce and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add wine and chicken breasts; sauté with remaining half of spice mixture about 8 to 10 minutes each side or until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly oil grill. Place shrimp on hot grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through. Serve each chicken breast on a bed of linguine, topped with grilled shrimp and covered with cream sauce. Garnish with Romano cheese and ENJOY!
Makes 4 servings.