May 2012 – Red Wine BBQ Sauce
Red Wine BBQ Sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Rosemary, minced
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid Hickory smoke
- 2 teaspoons Coleman’s English dry mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, saute shallots in oil 4-5 minutes, or just until they begin to take on a little color. After 2 minutes, add Rosemary and garlic.
- Add wine and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer until there is only half the amount of liquid remaining in pan.
- Stir in tomato puree, then add the remaining ingredients (except butter). Simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in butter and allow to cool to room temperature before using.
- Store unused sauce tightly covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe from: cooks.com