May 2013 – Savory Pork
|2 lbs||pork sirloin steak or boneless pork chops|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1||large garlic clove, chopped|
|1||can cream of mushroom soup|
|1/2 cup||white wine|
|1 tsp||dried savory|
- Add 1 tbsp. canola oil to large non-stick frying pan. Mix flour and pepper and dust pork. Brown both sides then remove to roaster or casserole dish.
- Drain all except 1 tsp oil. Saute onion and garlic.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl mix soup, cream, wine and savory. Pour over onion and garlic; scraping brown bits from pan.
- Pour over pork and bake about 1 1/2 hours at 350F.
- Serve with broad noodles or rice.
Makes 4 servings.