November 2012 – Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce
Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce
- 4 – 1-1/2 inch thick pork chops
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Dijon
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper. Flour pork chops patting off excess.
- Heat oil and brown chops on both sides (about 4-5 mintues each side). Remove chops to a plate and cover with foil.
- In same pan saute garlic, onions and herbs. Simmer with wine until reduced by half.
- Add stock, bring to a boil.
- Add mustard, relish and parsley. Reduce sauce to a nice thick consistency.
- Add pork chops and any juices, cover with some sauce, cook till heated through about 2 minutes on each side.